The Red Cross Holidays for Heroes program enables Americans to “Give Something That Means Something” this holiday season and beyond! New this year, you are invited to share appreciation to active military, reservists, Veterans and their families throughout the year. The Red Cross collects holiday cards, and new this year overall “thank you” cards with a goal is to present to local service members and Veterans multiple times a year. You can join in the fun with your club, civic organization, business and family by making the cards and we will deliver them for you.
When preparing cards:
▪ Choose or create cards for a wide audience such as Happy Holiday or Seasons Greetings or Thank You!
▪ When using store bought cards try choosing a variety of designs to make the gift all the more special.
▪ Include your heartfelt sentiments and sign all cards.
▪ Entitle cards with generic terms such as “Dear Service Member or Veteran”
▪ Bundle groups of cards in single, large envelopes (you do not need to include the individual envelopes for cards when mailing in multiple cards)
▪ Send inserts of any kind, letters, care packages, money or gift cards
▪ Include personal information such as home or email addresses
▪ Use glitter – excessive amounts can aggravate health issues of wounded recipients
▪ Send personal photos
You can also personally deliver them to the Black River Falls, Wausau, Oshkosh, Green Bay, Madison or Milwaukee offices by December 16th. Cards delivered to the Altoona office should arrive no later than December 9th as they have a sorting event on December 13th which allows enough time Veterans Home in Chippewa Falls Holiday gathering on December 20th.
Cards can be mailed to: American Red Cross, 4860 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, WI 53705. Attn: SAF – Holiday For Heroes
In addition, we will also collect messages on jumbo holiday cards and will then distribute them to military installations, VA Hospitals, State Veteran Homes and more to say thank you.
For more information, please contact John.Kost@redcross.org if you have questions about cards or want to participate in card sorting and delivery!
Filed under: Uncategorized |