By: PaKou Lee, Red Cross volunteer and RCYP member
Get CPR Red-y this fall with our Red Cross Young Professionals Group of NEW (RCYP).
Our one year of RCYP is coming up at the end of September and we want to celebrate it with YOU! As part of our mission to Give, Guide and Provide, we are giving back to our community by teaching hands-only CPR!
Please join us on Wednesday, September 30th at the Red Cross Appleton Office! Get trained on how to #SaveALife in only 10 minutes. Enjoy food and drinks with the RCYP members, local volunteers and guests. Learn more about what we do as young professionals in the Northeast WI community and how you can be part of the club! (Don’t be nervous – we’re laid back and fun! I promise!)
We also want to share with you some of our highlights from our first year!
- We started with our kick-off party last September and created holiday cards for the Holiday Mail for Heroes campaign in November.
- We volunteered for Dancing with Our Stars 2015 main event- working backstage for social media and videos, collecting votes and recording the dances.
- RCYP raised $500 for the Red Cross – we filled out the Best of the Bay results for the Press-Gazette and co-hosted with Current for an networking event.
- We hosted a Thank-a-Thon- called local sponsors to thanked them for their donations and spread awareness about Giving Day.
- We also volunteered for the Packers 5k at the water station and recently worked with youths for the Pillowcase Project, guiding children on creating a pillowcase kit for fire safety and needs.
- RCYP took 2nd place in Current’s Bench Challenge, hosted by the Green Bay Area Habitat Young Professionals. All thanks to Ben and Dan for building the bench and taking a selfie!
- One of our members, Dan Terrio is a part of the Dancing with Our Stars 2016 campaign and we are ready to show our support!
We hope to see you on the 30th! Don’t forget to bring a friend! For questions, please contact Jennessa Heiting, email@example.com