What a great start for Club Red of NEW! We had roughly 30 guests attend. The night started off with socializing and networking. We also had great catering services from The Marq which included delicious tomato soup shooters, barbecue meatballs, cheese spread with crackers and pita chips plus more. We heard the barbecue meatballs were a hit!
Mike Gallagher, Chairman of the Board for the Northeast Wisconsin Chapter, spoke a few words of support for the club and introduced exec member, Jenny Haas. Jenny did a great job of presenting Club Red’s mission, purpose, benefits and requirements. Jody Weyers, club advisor, also shared an inspiring quote from a new book she received that day.
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
We also gave Jenny a surprise birthday cake and sang “Happy Birthday” to her. Luckily for her, she did not get caked. Rob Anthony was the entertainment of the night. The weather was so beautiful, he played outside on the patio for us. We continued the night with exec member PaKou choosing the lucky winners of the raffle drawings and Erin, Jennesa and Jenny reading off the winning tickets. Many of our guests took home awesome prizes that included salon services, a variety of great wine bottles, cookbooks, Packers and Brewers items and more! Guests also went home with swag bags filled with Red Cross post-it notes, disaster and emergency plans, new volunteer application instructions and a Club Red calendar of events.
To view photos from the event, click here.
How to Join:
To join Club Red of NEW please register in the American Red Cross Database system: Volunteer Connection.
- Register at Volunteer Connection as a new volunteer.
- Go to: http://www.redcross.org/newisconsin
- Click on “Volunteer” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on “Apply to Volunteer”
- Choose the appropriate application: Adult (25+), or Young Adult (18-24)
- Complete and application and click “submit.”
- Check your email inbox for a welcome message as a prospective new volunteer. You will be asked to click a link, which will take you to your “Volunteer Connection” profile page. Once you successfully access your account, you will be asked to complete a series of steps to complete the registration process.
If you have trouble registering or questions, please contact Volunteer Director, Jody Weyers at 920-227-4287 or email@example.com.If you are already a Red Cross volunteer, please let Jody know you are interested in joining and she will add you to the Club Red group in Volunteer Connection.
- Upcoming events
- Leadership/mentor and networking opportunities
- What you expect to get out of Club Red
- Volunteer Connection navigation
*Please note that our meeting locations will rotate between the Green Bay and Appleton area so others can attend.
Special thanks to:
- Our kick-off sponsor, United Healthcare
- Food catering and event location, The Marq by Festival
- Music artist, Rob Anthony
Thank you to everyone who attended the event! We had a great turn out!
Give. Guide. Provide.